2007-10-29

Introduction To Alaska

These little guys are cute! I got relatively close to them on foot, but they are awful skittish so it took a few steps at a time and stop to get these pictures, I was not going to get any closer. After seeing a large number of these little critters roaming free, I got to thinking, they would be ideal to have at the HITW. They browse for their own food in a very meager area, go without water and surely in time could be broke to he saddle or wagon. I figure if Ranger Bill was to spend a few nights in this area with a well broke mule, he could possibly get into roping distance of these critters. Let's don't be greedy, follow Noah's advice and gather them 2x2, male and female and in time we could have a burro herd roaming the Anchor River Recreational Area. As an enticement to get Ranger Bill to volunteer for this round up, about five miles south of where this herd was located we passed "Shady Lady Brothel" and five miles north, a second one the "Pink Lady Brothel". I wanted to stop and get some pictures but both Terry and Suzie put that idea to rest in a hurry!

Forgot to mention in my personal blog, got in a little fishing time while in Laughlin. Did not pack any gear but Walmart was close at hand so I picked up a cheapie rod and reel. Found a great fishing spot, a heavy concentration of "Yellow Eye" Rockfish and "Red Snapper". The clerk at Walmart said there was no limit on either specie so I kept two of each to eat on the way home if we can find a motel with a kitchenette. I could not believe how good the fishing was and so close to the hotel. It was great.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks like you could have gotten some duck hunting in also (top right corner of the fish picture).

Shana said...

Man she is attentive to detail...I thought that was a rock. That yeller feller would look good in the crock pond...he would match my yeller pillar...he will be back ya know...as for the mules...now that would be cool...a rodeo...no ball...I might actually win something...I want two please...there is a new residence next to my camper...appears abandoned...it can house my mules.

john r mclay said...

hmmm....if we could train the asses....

Shana said...

to haul trash and water...

Heidi said...

I have been trying to train you asses to haul garbage and water for years!

RangerBill574 said...

and haul wood....Pack but watch out, you may get a kick out of it.

Stan Harrington said...

There were two ducks, hit one with a rock and the otehr got away, but Dutch was able to retrieve the one I got with the rock, great come back Heidi on John and Shana's comments.

Post a Comment