2008-01-06

Annual "Picture Of The Year" Award

During the course of the summer months, several thousand pictures were snapped at the Hole In The Wall Recreational Area by several photographers. The panel has reviewed the majority of these shots to determine the 1st Annual Photo of the Year award. This particular picture was chosen for content in that it represents several attributes in which the recreational area was intended. Those being: (1) Building Friendships (2) Bonding (3) Establishing Memories (4) Uniting As a Family and (5) Sharing.

I am sure all of you remember this young couple and fun that we had in watching them develop their friendship, sharing a chair, giving each other rides, and sharing marshmallows around the fire pit. In their own innocent way they demonstrated each of the five primary goals of the HITW. Although, they are not related, they were instrumental in making a family member feel welcomed around our fire pit. We hope to see more of Tad this next year.



The award of the "Golden Roll of Film" would be bestowed upon the photographer, however, the committee does not know which one of three photographers took the picture. There is a series of these shots, if the photographer could post each of them on this site I would appreciate it. This is the only shot in this series that I have in my achieves.


"Friends" Hunter and Demi

5 comments:

Heidi said...

That is one of Erica's...she got some great color accent pictures that weekend.

real eyez said...

I have lots of pictures of these two! I would post them here just don't know how?

Heidi said...

I sent invites your and Heath's hotmail emails.

Stan Harrington said...

Ericva, gladf to hear you do have those pictures. Yu can post them onthe HITW site, then I will copy them to my system and then later, if you want yu can go back into the HITW site and delete that particular blog. Or you can email them to me. I would like to get the whole series if it is not to much bother. They were so cute together and how quickly they bonded, so innocent yet you could see the sparkle in their eyes. I do not know if I have ever seen two kids that age bond that well together as rapidly as they did. It was special.

real eyez said...

Thanks for the invite! I got mine today but not sure about Heath, he checks his own email!
AS far as the pictures it will have to wait a couple of days until I can get them off my Ipod! I have learned that calling it all kinds of names does not work! LOL. Joking! I tried to sweet talk it also but that did not work either! SO now I have to find software that will put them from my Ipod to my Computer.
As far as those two the bond was special! I just wish I could have captured Hunter reassuring Demi and Marrissa after we were teasing him for having two girl friends! It ws so cute! He has good taste and a thing for the blonds with blue eyes!

Post a Comment