2008-07-12

Preparations On Schedule

Phase Three of the cabin construction is now completed. All the material has been delivered, staged, and inventoried in preparation for construction. Strictly by coincidence, the material was delivered by Carlile Trucker, Bill who use to shop at the tackle shop. Not only a flat bed trucker having the same name as Ranger Bill, he also new Ranger Bill from the stint that he work for Carlile. He was also a faithful listener to the Sport Fishing Report.

Arranged to meet him at the Anchor River Inn Parking lot so I could drive him to the HITW so he could get a good look a the driveway before he had to commit to making the turn. As he pulled into the Anchor River Inn parking lot, the vertical lift forklift was directly behind him and continued to the HITW. After viewing the driveway and limited access, he chose to back into Private Drive and let the forklift unload from there and haul it into the HITW via Bronco Lane.

Spendard Builders were a little stingy with their pallets, so some dunnage had to be borrowed to sit the material on. The total process took less than one hour to complete and we only blocked traffic on the Old Sterling Highway for five minutes while backing onto Private Drive, but we had "road guards" posted during the backing in process for safety purposes.

In all, everything when very smooth. Our next step is to move in the generator, which is on the "to do list" for tomorrow since we have a couple of extra hands down from LA. What did I learn today, I could not figure out why Spenard Builders had shipped us a bunch of fish boxes, fortunately I still have my big stapler to folder and staple them together. Then I talked to the "Pope" and discovered that they are insulation baffles, ain't never heard of them before but now I know! Waiting patiently for all of you.




5 comments:

john r mclay said...

Looks like cabin piles to me. Good job getting it covered.
You didn't use my "good" dunnage, did you?

Stan Harrington said...

I was pleasantly surprised to see the vast amount of good dunnage under the Wolf Den, a lot of it looked very familar. Also, thanks for the use of your tarps, your weinrter dogs wioll be happy to learn that they now have an open air home so they two can enjoy the fresh air of HITW. The prime dunnage came from the Moose Wallow and stowed behind the Bear Den, 4"x4" which were a good ten feet long, good stuff.

Heidi said...

All you could find was the dog kennel tarp? cause I have two, hanging, one as the camper roof and one as a porch roof, there was also a brand new grey one in the garage.

I was baffled by the baffles but John explained. I am sure glad a contractor is doing this. ;)

Da Bears said...

When's the Hot Tub gonna be installed? I can't wait to pound my thumb, got my band-aids all picked out!

Stan Harrington said...

I found all of the tarps that the Wolves were hoarding, but did not want to take down your awning, thaty is the only thing holding back any potential landslide.

Post a Comment