2008-12-10

Merry Christmas

As the snow is falling and a good north wind howling, the Eagles are comfortable and warm in their nest.

Good memories of the past fill our thoughts and we want to wish all of you our best.

To the Bear, Buffalo, Wolf, "Pope", Wood Pecker, Raven, Lynx, and Beaver Clan we wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.

But what is that noise I hear, I raise from my recliner to see what is a matter, from my window I peer, to see a red sleigh not being towed by tiny reindeer but by four Moose just clearing the trees.

A circle they did fly, as I ran to the loft to see them go by. So I could see, I had to rub the ice off the pane.
Just in time to see them bank hard right and make a perfect approach on Bronco Lane.

As the Sled came to screeching stop in front of the fire pit,
It was amazing, a roaring fire appeared in just a bit.

I could hear talking and laughter fill the night fire glow. Children shrieking with joy as they played in the snow.

I wonder to myself, who could these intruders be?
Grabbing my shotgun, I head for the trees.

Peering down from the bluff, I cannot believe what I see. All of the Clans have gathered to share the season glee.

As if by magic, lawn chairs appeared around the fire and the table laden with treats.

I stood amazed, that they could all fit in that one tiny sleigh pulled by the Moose.
To the nest I did go back
and put my shotgun back into the rack.

With Granny in hand, down the hill we did trek
To all those that don't believe we say go to heck! We had just seen Santa deliver our gifts and we believe.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

1 comments:

john r mclay said...

You ARE quite a poet now!
Well written and heart-warming post.
Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Post a Comment