2009-11-11

Lucky Shot

We have all seen coyotes in the wild, but have you ever had a chance to get a picture of one. I would guess, if you were to set up a blind, you could call one in and get a picture. But, to see one along the highway it is almost impossible. They are very shy and move fast when they know they have been detected. After seeing a dozen or more coyotes on this trip, I finally got lucky and saw this one cross the road. I managed to get the truck stopped on slick roads, get out and walk across the road, and still get a shot of him. It was shortly after daylight so the quality is not good, but it is the best chance I have ever had. This picture was taken within ten feet of him before he quickly retreated into the trees.
Posted by Picasa
Someone may want to ask "Lady Eagle" about her encounter with the U.S. Border Patrol when entering Alaska. I did not think we were going to get the opportunity to enter back into the United States and I do not want to live in Canada! First time I have ever had my truck searched and it was her fault. Does she look anything like a terrorist? But, I guess when your passport picture does not match up with the person, it could create a little concern for border guards, especially when they only have a dozen or so vehicles to check through on a winter day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment