2010-04-19

"Spring Is Declared" In The Northland

Proclamation 2010 ~ 1

Spring is officially declared in Anchor Point, Alaska with the break-up of the Anchor River on the evening of April 18, 2010

"The Forks"


"Bridge Hole" a.k.a. "Shane's Hole"

First Flock of Mallards In The Marsh ~ April 19, 2010



Little "Woodpecker" Returned To H.I.W. ~ April 18, 2010
(1st Great Granddaughter Natalie)
Playing Dress Up

Little "Woodpecker" Returned To H.I.W. ~ April 18, 2010
(2nd Great Granddaughter ~ Jim Riley a.k.a. Riley James)
Playing Dress Up

4 comments:

john r mclay said...

The wildlife is beautiful! And so are the ducks.

real eyez said...

I LOVED that dress that Nattie is wearing...it ws my favorite one f Heathers and they both look beautiful!

john r mclay said...

so the last post....what specie of fish?

Stan Harrington said...

I apologize for that, I was going to do it the other night and forgot. According to the "photo description" on the inside cover, it is Rainbow Trout caught in a Lake in Anchorage. However, I tend to disagree with that. There is no color other than dark and silver on the fish, it is ocean bright. There are no spots below the lateral line, a primary difference between a Rainbow and it's cousin. My guess, it is a Sleelhead Trout. If it were indeed caught in a lake in LA, the size of this fish with no other Rainbow markings, I would think they are stocking lakes with Steelhead smolt and passing them as Rainbows.

Post a Comment