2008-10-03

HITW Log Posting

Was good to see a new posting on the personal sites of the Buffalo Clan and Bear Clan. At the HITW, still enjoying sunny fall weather, although today the wind was cold and we did get one small sprinkle. Lost a lot of our leaves from the wind today so we are now halfway through the fall.

The mornings are cold and frosty but turning into shirt sleeve weather by noon. Yesterday morning the Lower Crock Pond was frozen over and it remained that way all day. I hear Claire Allen on a daily basis, but have not seen her. I guess she has finally figured out that the "free handouts" are over with for this season. I do get a daily visit by the Canadian Jay, he / she always comes to the new site of the Duck Hose and chatters.

As for the Duck House, still on track to be finished by spring!:) Completely sided, soffitt boards on, and the overhang (whatever it is called) rafter on the rear of the building. Before closing down today, I installed the skylight frame which I had prefabricated on the ground. After applying two quarts of gorilla glue and spiked it in with six inch spikes, it is not going anywhere. As my dad use to say when he built something, "not much for pretty, but it is hell for stout". I love my gorilla glue and my "palm nailer", handled those six inch spikes like they were finishing nails.

Tomorrow, the building will be slowed down somewhat (according to Lady Eagle) it "can't get any slower"! The heavy equipment will move in and start excavating one pit and two ditches which I have referred on the Bear Den site so I will not be redundant. I will also not dwell on the O.J.Simpson verdict that just came in at 10 pm our time because I talked about that on the Buffalo Site so I will not be verbose and redundant. But, I will not have a sleepless night because poor O.J. is going away, possibly for life!

That is all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment