2009-01-29

Time To Plow

For once, the prognosticators got it right. We did get the 6 - 8 inches of snow as predicted. Had a some wind with it, on the front deck of the house, we had some drifts that were two feet high while on the back wood walkway, there was no snow. It made it much easier for Lady Eagle to shovel. I got some windshield time in today, it appears right now I may have some more tomorrow.

After completing the "nest" plowing, I moved into the HITW. What a pleasant place to plow snow. No cars or traffic to worry about, just steer the truck and plow. On occasion, a pile of lumber, gazebo, or cook tent frame will get your attention when you back into them. But it is a pleasant experience, the quietness, pristine powder snow, and tree laden snow sculptures makes it a great time to just be by yourself and contemplate. Those long pushes from the gazebo, down Bronco Lane, turning left onto Messican Drive out to the Sterling Highway gives you plenty of time to have your attention diverted. Reversing the course backwards is always stimulating, who in hell put the HITW sign in the right of way of Bronco Lane?

Although, I did not intend to time the plow time, but it took 57.6 minutes to clear out the snow today. Thought that I may want to record it just in the event that someday I may want to submit a statement of time (bill) to the time share owners. But, how could I ever charge anyone for a pleasant afternoon? Tomorrow, I may take a picnic lunch and start a fire. Today, I even considered running a cable down the hill and watch Super Bowl 43 under the Gazebo. How do I know that it is Super Bowl 43 ~ the math is simple. Super Bowl I pitted the Green Bay Packers against the Kansas City Chiefs, the final score was 35-10 in favor of Green Bay. This game occurred 34 days before two young kids were married in Homer, Alaska. Not that this has anything to do with plowing snow, but I do remember that day as it was a snowy, windy day, but it was hot and sunny.

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Speaking of snow, just come across this on my news site. Benjamin Daniels was arrested in Cody, Wyoming for public intoxication. After a couple of complaints, the police stopped Daniels to explain that drivers were having a difficult time seeing him. The police then noticed that Daniels was intoxicated. It seems that other drivers "were having difficulty spotting his slow-moving white horse". I guess they do not have a law in Wyoming about riding and drinking so they had to settle on public intoxication. At least, he was not breaking the speed limit by galloping his horse through town. It takes so little to amuse me.

Stan Harrington said...

If I was Daniels, the next time I go to town to get a belly full, if it is snowing, I would take the black horse.

john r mclay said...

A good beer never hurt a plow job!
just hard to hook a plow to a horse....

Post a Comment