2009-02-26

New Look

"Sundance Kid"

Since the "She Wolf" went to all the work of giving the site a new look, it deserves a new posting. We all know the story of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". Their hideout in the old west is our namesake.
There has been controversy that "Butch" and "Sundance" were not killed in Bolivia. From what I have read, I am convinced that they both survived and returned to the United States to live. They were to nice of guys to have it end in a gunfight, especially in a firefight with a bunch of Messican's. There is ample evidence, provided by the family of Butch Cassidy that they did return and lived incognito the remaining days of their lives.

I did come across a site tonight that is in Bolivia advertising tours to the places that the outlaws lived and robbed. It also tells the Bolivian story of the two Americano's. However, in their own version of history, even though tours are provided to the sites of their graves, it remains a mystery as to who is buried in those graves. A portion of the article has been pasted to this site: (spelling not corrected)

"In the following investigation by the Tupiza police, Butch and Sundance were identified as the men who robbed the Aramayo payroll transport. They didn't know their real names, though. The bodies were buried at the small San Vicente cemetary, where they still rest up 'till this present day.

It was never really proved that the two gringo's were in fact Butch and Cassidy. In 1991 a scientific team even excavated a grave to take a DNA test, without satisfying results. For years after their death, some people insisted they had seen the desperados elsewhere.
"

But, now with the new look, it is also time to start preparing for "spring", it is coming. A good sign occurred this morning. Not only did I have my morning coffee on the deck, but I also had my breakfast on the deck this morning. It was beautiful. Going to have a couple of "personnel" changes come spring and some deserving promotions to department head status. I learned as a "leading seaman" many years ago that delegation of authority and responsibility is a good thing. Announcements will be forth coming.

"Keep your guns handy, ole Blue Duck could come riding in". If he does, I not expecting much help from Ranger Bill as he is not suppose to come riding in until around Memorial Day.

4 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

"Tinker",the only thing that I found that did not work is the link. It did not show on the posting as a link key. I went back in and made it in bold italics manually. Nice job.If you do not see the link I made up, it is "site" top line next to the wanted poster.

Heidi said...

Thanks for testing it out. I noticed last night that Blogger "lost" my photo link for the dates. The date should appear on a little sheriff badge. Also I think I may had some Harrington to the fonts... maybe today!

real eyez said...

Interesting to see another Parker mentioned. I know it is and was a common last name but supposedly they all are all related some how!
When visiting your families sites we saw a stone very close that read Parker. Going to see what I can find out, could be nothing.

john r mclay said...

Like the Harrington "clan" is somehow related to
the Parkers? The way they play cards, I wouldn't doubt it.

Post a Comment