2009-02-08

"The Seven P's"

As normal, several hundred items wandering through my thoughts. Spent a few hours yesterday playing with the snow berm that I have piled in front of the Moose Wallow. Best that I can figure, there is 1,800 cubic feet of snow piled up. I took it upon myself and the ole plow truck to move it to the snow pile removed from Bronco Lane and stacked at the far end of Messican Lane. My concept was to reduce the flooding in the spring. A secondary thought was that if I piled all the snow on Messican Lane, it would be six feet high and the length of Messican Lane. Allowing us ample snow into July to enjoy. However, after moving several hundred cubic feet, I curtailed the activity to reduce the fatigue on the ole snow plow. However, it gave me time to think.

As of today, we have 104 days until Memorial Day weekend. We will have a King Salmon Derby, however, we may postpone that until the Moose migrate to the northern plains so they have the opportunity to witness my big fish. It is either that or we can catch a King and enter it under the name of the Moose Clan, I am sure a six pounder would be a fair representation.

On the subject of fishing derbies, I took it upon myself (democracies are so hard to govern, monarchies are quick and easy) to change the annual Silver Salmon Derby. After quiet consultation with my father and he had no objection, the name of the tournament will be changed to "Harrington's Silver Salmon Derby" in honor of three generations of Harrington's that fished the river, Dad, Tad, Don, and Shane. It will still be held on the nearest weekend in August to my fathers birthday. This years derby is on August 15th.


Keeping Memorial Day weekend in mind. If any of you, which means all of you, would suggest some games or contests that you would like to see incorporated into the weekend, I would appreciate your suggestions. Keep in mind that we need to come up with some that are strictly for the younger members. I have already come up with one idea for a treasure hunt for the little ones, it is called "Find Arnie's Grave". It will be played just prior to the bewitching hour! Just kidding! Any ideas that you have would be appreciated. Keep you posted.

3 comments:

RangerBill said...

Yukon Quest begins in Whitehorse Sat, Feb 14...Buser, Mackey amoung others....

Stan Harrington said...

Good idea, but we won't have enough snow on Memorial Day to have dog sled races.

john r mclay said...

If you keep stock-piling the snow in one place, we may have enough for the sleds. Could there be a chance to build that walk-in cooler of our dreams...? I'll send $ for blue board.

Post a Comment