2009-02-16

Old junk can be a worthy find


I seem to recall, in my memory
banks (limited - I assure you), a
few movies that were hard to find
and may not be in production at
this point in time. The source of
information escapes me as if it
were hyperbole prattle. I
happen to know a movie buff
that might appreciate a humble
garage clutter find that struck
me as part of that list of fine shows.
Although I will have to watch
this VHS to be sure it is in
adequate shape to loan out
to that (fairly reputable) movie
lover I speak, it may grace his
possession for a short while if
it quiets annoying subjects as
a 16.9 lb spawned-out Coho.
Lord knows we've heard enough
of a fictitious 72 lb King
for three decades.

5 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Just happen to have a copy of the VHS in which you seek. Would gladly loan it to you, it is in box #36 in storage unit #21. there is a total of 166 boxes in the unit, so box #36 should be in the first row, they they are stacked 13 high so it should be in the middle of that particular row. All you will need to do is move the other 130 boxes out of the way to get to the back row. If you prefer to own a copy of this "collectors" item, will gladly sell it to you for $4,999.93 with the understanding that you take the remaining 20,312 VHS and DVD's that are contained in Units #21 and #22. You pack, You Haul.
Plowed snow this am, still snowing so it looks likely that I will have something to put on my "to do list" for tomorrow.

Stan Harrington said...

Now don't make my big Silver Salmon any larger, I do do like to exaggerate. It only weighed 16.5 pounds. The big King Salmon was rounded down to the nearest pound, it actually weighed 72 bounds 13 ounces.

Snow1 said...

I am looking for a movie also, a Disney flick called Song of the South. My grandmother used to read the Briar Rabbit stories to me and I would very much like to see said movie...any ideas if said storage unit holds that treasure?

Stan Harrington said...

Said storage unit #22 contains such a video located in box 71 of 153 boxes. Middle isle, should be easy to find after moving six rows, stacked thirteen high. I have two copies, one is in the original shrink wrap and never been opened. Very rare and hard to find but, I will make the same deal as above.

john r mclay said...

I think the point that I just acquired this old movie was missed aside from an exaggerated fish story. Your stock of movies may come in handy for collateral when I write up a business plan, though.

Post a Comment