2008-04-06

SPRING IN THE VALLEY

Today, the signs of "spring" are starting to show,
The Anchor River is just starting to flow.
The "Forks" is where I prefer to go,
While other Clan Members waste time by fishing down low.
Below the bridge is my favorite hole
While others call it the "Bridge Hole"
In recent years, I renamed it the "Handicap Hole"
At times it can be crowded with anglers and poles,
But, you can find a place to fish on the bar and under the trees
Where few fisherman will go because you have to fish on your knees.
The "hole" is good and will remain true,
Despite the time of day, I always catch my limit of two.
While my sons fish down low, only to get a skunk
I sit at my hole on that nice tree trunk.
I hear their truck
They are returning without any luck.
On the bridge they skid their tires,
As I pick up my fish and prepare to retire.
I then hear a "clunk"
At my truck, I look up the hill, to see a pile of junk.
Venturing up the hill in my truck,
I pause long enough to ask them if they had any luck.
In the ditch there laid a axle and tire
In the road stood three fishermen looking very dire.
I bid them "good luck" and went to camp to retire.
With age, one gains wisdom
The "old man" is still the ruler of the River Kingdom.
You young ones can run the river and may catch a fish
I prefer to wander to the river in a slow pace and catch a limit of fish.
With no fish, you sit around the fire and pine,
All you need to do is learn to read the "sign"
Some day, you will be wise and old
When that time comes, I will move aside and share my hole.

"Have A Good Day On the Water And Good Luck With Your Fishing"

These Pictures Taken This Date Proves That Spring Is Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring... I got the fever!

john r mclay said...

Good rhyme, Stan. The Eagle knows the land.

Post a Comment