2007-06-14

Beautification Project Underway


The first installment of the HITW Beautification Project was completed today by Lady Eagle and the two Moose calves. The new feature is flowering bushes at each of the summer dens, due to the lack of space and foot traffic pattern, the flowering bush at the Wolf Den had to be placed on the Birch Knoll. The transplanted flowers from the beach adds to the overall uniqueness of the landscaping. I would tell you what kind of "flowering bush" they are, however I cannot pronounce the name, let alone spell it. I do know that three of them will have yellow flowers and one will have pink, however, I do not know who ended up with the pink since none of them have flowers on them at this time, fact is they have very few leaves as of yet. By mid July, they should be leafed out and by mid August, perhaps a few flowers. Landscaping has to be kept to a minimum, a drastic water shortage in the area of the HITW.
The "big" project should kick off next week, still have a few engineering and design plans to work out. I have it pictured in my mind, but have not figure out how to keep the roof from falling down. Just a minor detail. It should be fun putting it together, however, no nails will be involved, sheet rock screws are the only way to go when you have a project that you know will require modifications during construction.
A concept that I have been considering, however it will require a full working party. As easy as it was to dig the sonar tubes for the foundation of the gazebo, why couldn't we drill our own well. My post hole digger will go about about five feet, I am sure Plumma Wolf could come up with threaded pipe so we could screw on additional six foot sections as need to reach the water table. Our well is only 85 feet deep so at the HITW we should be able to hit water in the 60 - 90 foot level.
I was just kidding, I really do know the name of the bushes that were planted, they are Potentilla and have quite a history behind them. This is their third move, they first started out at the Anchor Angler. A re-design project in the roadside flower beds moved them to the front of our house where they have been since it was new. The flower beds at the house received a new face lift this week so once again, the Potentilla got moved to a new location. Perhaps, they have found a new home.

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Had two surprises tonight, first I found some great pictures of the last gathering of the clans on the Moose site. Then, after a subtle hint from the author, I discovered that Homer the Bull Buffalo actually made a posting on his site, three days in a row. Has not posted since February 2007 but all of a sudden he gets the urge to take up writing.

Heidi said...

I like the well idea....I will get the boys on it!....I do hope I get the pretty pink flowers.

Shana said...

After the last camp out it is hard to picture the pit with a water shortage! Flowers any where in the pit will be nice...from my windows I will see all three and get to enjoy them. While building the gazeb maybe we could start the plans for a Sweat lodge.

Post a Comment