2007-06-22

Fire weed

It appears the whole world is on fire...here in Anchorage the smoke is thick and a weird yellow orange haze is hanging over everything...kind of eerie. Now we were all expecting this...I believe this is the third summer in a row I have heard the "spruce beatle kill will go this year." So now it has...time to figure out a money making scheme for fire weed...named appropriatly for it's ability to come back first after a disaster such as the ones going on North and South of me. We no longer have to worry about the beatle kill gowing up either...and think of it this way those cabbins that do make it...have a natural fire break around them now. So I guess I will cancell a camping trip planned for up north this weekend...sorry mom and dad...Eklutna is cheaper to drive to and allows me the freedom the bears have...to go home and get what ever I forgot. hehe...with burn bans everywhere and the air alive with wood smoke...seems the only thing missing is sleeping outside...this to can easily be ackomplished in my back yard. Here's hopes for rain...not liking the haze at all...lots of rain and all will be okay again.

2 comments:

RangerBill said...

Don't spook your campers with stories of Eklutna Annie

Shana said...

Eklutna Annie has been found...it's the others we are looking for.

Post a Comment