2008-02-24

Are we getting a bit anxious to sit by the fire?

I'm getting that feeling, too. In no way am I considering
that spring has sprung. 10 degrees in LA
last night and outlook of single digit thermometer
readings for a few days. I clipped this still image
vid together with some added sound effects
to make the fire cozy with some
comforting sounds to remind me
of the HITWRA. Then, I took this pic
in my yard about 10 minutes ago to
keep spring at mind.


FEB. PUSSY WILLOWS
(i think the woodpecker gets his secrets
of spring from the fresh willow)

7 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

I did hear some familar sounds, one of them reminded me that I need to tune up my chain saw, get a new bar and half dozen new chains. That should be enough to get us throughg the long weekend, can always get additional chains. It will take at least three just to buck up the old sprice tree that was fell last fall. I did walk to the bluff today and checked out the sight, the fire pit could be used right now, it is clear and may even help melt off the snow / ice accumulation from the roof. I am sure that Butch and sundance are looking forward to our rteturn.

Heidi said...

You took my BLOG! I found the first Pussy willows!!! today!! I was going to post it and you STOLE IT!!!

Heidi said...

OHH ... I did find the first pussy willow I saw mine around 3PM!!! HA!

john r mclay said...

It was friday when I pointed out the willows at Larry's to the girls, but I'll bet you took a picture first.

Shana said...

oh i wish i wish upon a star...
for spring to come up North this far...
to be back at the fire pit...
toasting marshmallows on a stick...

Stan Harrington said...

Shana, don't you want to roast a 'peep" with your marshmellow?

john r mclay said...

I can't believe you aren't in bed, Stan. How was the Texas card game?

Post a Comment