2007-04-25

Daily Report

With breaks of sun through he cloudy sky, the HITW is now draining down. The sand hill is void of any snow and the remaining side slopes are about 50% clear of snow cover. The fire pit flower bed is in the clear as is the fire pit. The road leading into the bowl area is now dry, because someone took the time to plow it. As soon as the video store ordeal is completed, a little work at the AA, then my attention will focus on the HITW. Hoping that the Ranger will be here by then so he, Annabelle, and Bubba can do some shovel work, like digging drainage ditches and hauling gravel.

The Anchor River is now clear of all ice jams and moving along great. As best I can tell there has been no major changes to the channel - but those new, small pockets that will hold fish are yet to be discovered. I expect to make an early scouting trip early next week. Water conditions are good, it is very fishable right now. The "Forks" are perfect right now and hope to get in there to do a little fishing before the Sonar Counter is installed. When I got my Permanent fishing License a couple of years ago, I did not read the small print. According to my license, I can fish anytime I want and they cannot take it away from me because it has the word "PERMANENT" printed right across the top of the license. It is great to be a Senior Citizen! When time permits, I will be working on the activity special, look for some "new" and exciting events this year. Since we will be having several visiting fishermen this year, if you have any extra rods and reels sitting around, make sure they get loaded up. One rig will be coming back almost empty this next week if you want to stage any supplies early. Prior to the big weekend, if any of you have extra freight to haul down, with two pick-ups down here and two extra drivers, we can can dispatch rigs north to haul freight down. Don't forget, we have a long haul driver now who does not mind making a round trip drive each day, that is only 400 miles and he drives twice that much on a daily basis, it may take him a little longer if Annabelle is in the sleeper.

Sport Show is in Soldotna this weekend, the radio station sponsors the event and has a booth where they broadcast live, I do need to spend a little time up there doing some interviews but more about that later for those not in the know but the announcement has been made and I am now once again committed. It will be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment